The Commodore looks set to regain its drawl, with US exports of the iconic Australian large car imminent, writes Bruce Newton.
The Holden Commodore appears odds-on to return to the US with a Chevrolet badge and it should happen within the lifespan of the current model.
A senior engineer for General Motors, Al Oppenheiser, confirmed to Drive at the Los Angeles motor show this week that negotiations were under way to sell the Commodore in North America as a Chevrolet sports sedan
[URL="http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/its-still-holden-on-to-the-american-dream-20101119-180dm.html"]Still Holden on to the dream.ustralia's high performance car manufacturer Holden Special Vehicles is pleased to announce the launch of its new E Series 3, featuring a host of Australian production car firsts, and interior upgrades to the HSV range.
Leading the highlight list are three brand new HSV technologies;
- HSV�s new Enhanced Driver Interface (EDI) which streams vehicle performance data directly to the new touch screen display
- Liquid Propane Injection (LPI) is the first system of its kind on an Australian production car, and is available as an option on all models, except for the Clubsport R8 Tourer
- HSV�s new Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA), will be available as an option on every model in the E3 range � and is standard on Grange
In addition to technological innovation, HSV has added a significant set of unique interior updates to the E Series 3, including;
- New 'Oracle' dash
- New model specific stainless steel ID plate on the centre console
- New twin-stitch seat trims on GTS and Senator Signature, as well as a new leather colour in Turismo Rosso
- New binnacle gauges
- Piano black trim on the centre console and steering wheel
The final stand-out aspect of the E Series 3 range is a raft of new standard features being offered on all HSV models, specifically;
- Enhanced Driver Interface (EDI)
- Reverse camera with rear park assist
- Satellite navigation
- Touchscreen radio with iPod connectivity
HSV's Managing Director, Phil Harding, believes the new E3 range has reached a new level of sophistication and continues the company's long history of innovation.
"Our E3 range is an example of HSV�s passion for innovation, and determination to bring world leading technology to vehicles," he said.
"You only have to look at EDI, LPI, and SBZA to know HSV is passionate about creating and building great all-round performance cars. More and more of our customers are showing greater interest in new technology, and have expressed a desire for unique points of difference in their vehicles".
"The combination of new technologies, stylish interior improvements, and a continued focus on all-round performance further strengthens HSV�s position as the ultimate in Australian-made performance cars".
HSV's new E Series 3 will begin to arrive in showrooms at the end of this month.
Source - HSV Media